Thai cuisine is considered among the world’s most delicious, with a unique blend of particular tastes: hot (spicy), sour (piquant), sweet, and always highlighted with citrus (lemongrass and lime). Thai cuisine influenced by the French is the most wine friendly of Pacific Rim Cuisines. I have chosen these unique wines, (while maybe not your average everyday choice) nonetheless their flavors will enhance your dining experience. Experiment, enjoy and expand your horizons!
Michael Tatton, Proprietor
Sauvignon Blanc, Charles Krug, Napa Valley
Napa Valley’s first winery established in 1861, owned and operated by the Peter Mondavi Family (Robert’s brother). This Sauvignon Blanc is the result of meticulous and passionate vineyard farming and winemaking to preserve the freshness and delicate aromatics.
Pinot Grigio, Santi, Sortesele, Delle Venezie, italy
From Carlo Santi. Sortesele means small parts of a vineyard, which covers about 84 acres, located in the Delle Venezie area of Trentino. The wine has full and complex aromas of pears, exotic fruits and wild flowers.
Riesling, Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington State
Refreshing off-dry with fruit flavors of juicy peach, ripe pear and melon.
Sauvignon Blanc, Brancott, Reserve, Marlbourough, New Zealand
Brancott was first to grow grapes in Marlborough. They choose only the ripest, most flavor-intense grapes, harvested predominantly from the renowned Brancott Estate. Fresh, distinctive citrus flavors are enhanced with rich, lush tropical fruit.
Conundrum (the puzzle? a blend of 5 grape varieties), Caymus, California
This wine wraps together an array of floral aromas with tropical fruit, peach, apricot, spice and zingy citrus flavors in a creamy, unctuous texture.
Evolution, Sokol Blosser, Oregon
Bill & Susan Sokol Blosser are pioneers of the Oregon wine industry, started in 1971. This wine is a story of Luck & Intention, because it’s made from 9 grape varieties. A lot of hard work plus a little luck goes into making this wine. Has a parade of flavors across the palate with aromas of jasmine, orange blossoms, and tropical fruit.
Chardonnay, Sanford, Santa Barbara County, California
In Santa Barbara wine country it all started with Sanford in 1971. From four great vineyards in the Santa Rita hills area, to make a wine with aromatic complexity and with layers of tropical fruit and citrus.
Cabernet Sauvignon, Franciscan, Napa Valley
Franciscan winery has been producing award-winning Napa Valley wines since 1973. Beginning with 240 acres in the Oakville growing district, the heart of Napa and where some of the finest Cabernet on earth is grown. The wine has big, rich soft flavors of coffee and cassis fruit.
Pinot Noir, Erath, Oregon
From Dick Erath and one of the first wineries in Oregon. This wine is bright with fresh fruit aromas of cherry and raspberries.
Merlot, Diamond Collection, Frances Coppola, California
Aromas of berries and blackberry pie from the fruit stand out in the nose that integrate with the stylish toasty quality from the oak. On the palate, the identifiable raspberry and dense blue, jammy fruit flavors combine with the wine’s elegant structure to support the stylish and lengthy finish.
Malbec, Reserva, Tamari, Mendoza, Argentina
“Tamari”, means to do everything with passion. At the winery science and craftmanship is a passion in the winemaking process. Malbec is much like Cabernet Sauvignon but much more aromatic and perfect for our Asian cuisine.
- Gloria Ferrer, Brut, Sonoma, California
- Mumm Napa, Blanc de Noirs, Napa Valley
- Domaine Ste. Michelle, “Blanc de Blancs”, Washington State
- Freixenet, Gordon Negro Brut, Spain (6 oz. split)
- Asti Spumante, Cinzano, Italy
California Red Wines
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Far Niente, Oakville, Napa Valley
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Reserve, Robert Mondavi, Napa Valley
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Jordan, Alexander Valley
- Cabernet / Merlot Blend, Marlstone, Clos du Bois, Alexander Valley
- Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Clement, Napa Valley
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Robert Mondavi, Napa Valley
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Geyser Peak, Alexander Valley
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Parducci Winery, California
- Merlot, Rutherford Hill Winery, Napa Valley
- Merlot, Robert Mondavi, Napa Valley
- Merlot, Charles Krug, Napa Valley
- Merlot, Red Diamond, Washington State
- Pinot Noir, Dutton-Goldfield, Russian River Valley, California
- Pinot Noir, Buena Vista, Carneros, California
- Pinot Noir, Trinity Oaks, California